JODIE J. SPADE
Phone: +1 (412) 741-8400
Fax: +1 (412) 741-9292
Jodie Spade is an experienced patent attorney with an extensive work history for technology clients predominantly associated with software, electronic and mechanical advancements, including machine learning. Jodie has been registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since 2012 and has written and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications across a diverse array of fields.
Jodie works with clients to understand their strategic business goals and provide recommendations regarding strategies to develop and monetize their patent portfolio. Jodie’s industry experience arms her with the business acumen to provide practical, effective advice to clients. In addition to regular communications with patent examiners, Jodie also works closely with foreign associates in their efforts to procure patents in the United States and globally for clients.
Prior to receiving her law degree, Jodie worked in the semiconductor engineering field at Micron Technologies and later in the nuclear engineering field at Westinghouse Electric Company.
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law
- B.S., magna cum laude, DeVry University, Electronics Engineering Technology
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Pittsburgh Women Leaders, The Pittsburgh Chapter of the Women Leaders Association