J DARWIN KING, Ph.D.
Phone: +1 (412) 741-8400
Fax: +1 (412) 741-9292
Darwin King is a Pittsburgh-based Patent attorney with a strong background in neuroscience as well as computer software. He focuses his practice on patent prosecution with both large and startup companies in the fields of laboratory equipment, medical devices, mechanical equipment, smart systems, and end-user products. In patent prosecution, he prepares and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications, working closely with inventors of emerging and established technology to assist clients in developing patent portfolios. Darwin has extensive experimental background and training in neuroscience, molecular biology, and electrical disciplines which translates to valuable legal and technical support for clients seeking intellectual property protection.
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., University of Pittsburgh
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Q. Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- American Physiological Society