SECURITY TO GROW ON
Ference Law helps its domestic and international clients protect their inventions, brands, trade secrets and discoveries. Navigating the protection of your brand and intellectual property assets can be complicated but our team of experienced lawyers regularly represents individuals, entrepreneurs, and large corporations before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the U.S. Copyright Office, and works with lawyers in other countries.
From our Pittsburgh office, we assist you with strategic counseling to help ensure your online brand protection and your IP are secure . We not only consider current abuse, but potential abuse as well when developing your brand protection strategy.
“By developing a strong brand protection strategy you have the option to take action”
– Stanley Ference, Founding Attorney
We work closely with you to identify and implement the right strategy for your brand. Our goals are to:
- Develop a foundation for enforcement against unauthorized sellers, and
- Have effective enforcement against unauthorized sellers.
- This includes laying the foundation for potential claims against both authorized sellers who are selling in unauthorized channels and unauthorized third party resellers.
A good Online Brand Protection strategy assists in addressing numerous situations, including:
- The brand owner being unable to sell on an online marketplace because of unauthorized third party resellers
- Authorized sellers are not aggressively promoting the band because of low priced unauthorized sellers
- New retailers are reluctant to sell the brand because of low prices unauthorized sellers
- Customers of unauthorized sellers leaving poor reviews of the brand owner
In the United States unauthorized third party resellers often say the first sale doctrine permits them to continue to sell the brand’s product. A properly executed brand protection strategy removes the first sale doctrine as a defense.
Items we consider to help with your Online Brand Protection include:
- Authorized reseller program, associated agreements and policies
- Differentiating authorized products from unauthorized products (e.g., material differences between authorized products and unauthorized products)
- Patent Rights & Online Patent Infringement
- Trademark Rights
- Design Rights
- Copyright Registrations
- Product Piracy & Online Counterfeiting
We have worked in intellectual property law for decades. The experience our legal professionals possess is invaluable when it comes to the protection of your business portfolio. If you have any questions regarding protecting your brand online or IP infringement contact the Ference & Associates legal team at 412.741.8400 or by filling out the form below.